Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Year Of The Strawberry


With Christmas only a few days away, Nootle and I started talking about Christmases from when we were growing up (Nootle’s my younger sister). She decided her favorite Christmas was the year she got her “My Little Pony Castle” (obviously, I mean wow). And while the year I got my “Annie Mansion” is a close second, I’d have to say my favorite Christmas was without a doubt the year I got my Strawberry Shortcake bike. It really was as amazing as it sounds. (Stay with me guys, there’s a cameo by Superman)

I was the picture of blissfully happy that Christmas morning in 1981 (I was four) as I mounted the pink, berry covered bike of my dreams. This thing was tricked out with TWO woven plastic baskets, red and white streamers, and three – count them three – pictures of the queen herself, that diva of the berry-people, Strawberry Shortcake.

My brother, who is less than a year and a half older than me and understood the importance of this bike, made sure to take a close looksie at the inner workings of this fine piece of machinery before I played with it. Berry bike or not, I could get hurt. He seemed sufficiently pleased though:








(Ok sorry, I clearly lied about that Superman thing. It’s really just my brother in his Superman pajamas. Don’t be mad.)

So there I was, standing there with this new mode of transportation, this sign of my new-found independence, this nod of confidence in my responsibility from my parents wondering how it could get any better. Well ladies and gentlemen, how about a MATCHING JOGGING SUIT. I couldn’t believe how sophisticated I was. I was coordinated with my bike for christ sakes! It was unbelievable.

So I call my bff Mattel and you won’t even believe this:













(Me on the left, Mattel on the right)

She had the exact same christmas.*

And with that, I hope you get every bike, berry, and bff you wish for this year. I bet you’ve earned it.

Happy Holidays!

*Please note our parents did not plan this.

2 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

HA. Great pics.

Anonymous said...

We are the cutest people ever! Do you think we can find those outfits in our size now? I would sport that look everyday if I could!